Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Commenting on the regional appeal "Horn of Africa 2006" launched by the UN's Under Secretary General for Humanitarian Affairs today, Hilary Benn, International Development Secretary, said:
The Horn of Africa is facing its worst drought for at least a decade. The Secretary of State for International Development visited the region in January 2006 and saw at first-hand the terrible effects this is having.
Hilary Benn, International Development Secretary, will visit Kenya and Ethiopia this week to make clear the UK's commitment to fighting poverty in both countries as well as the need for both Governments to fulfil their commitments to protect human rights and fight corruption.
Mr Benn will meet with the leaders of both countries to discuss progress on tackling corruption in Kenya and the widespread concern about the current political crisis in Ethiopia. He will also hold discussions about how the UK can further support the Eastern African countries that are facing food crises.