Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
UNITED NATIONS, Oct 17 (KUNA) -- The Eritrean troops and tanks that entered the Temporary Security Zone monitored by the UN Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea (UNMEE) are still there, according to UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric who gave an update of the situation at the border between the two countries at the daily press briefing on Tuesday.
UNMEE reported earlier that the Eritrean Defence Forces (EDF) moved approximately 1,500 troops and 14 tanks into the Temporary Security Zone and took over one UNMEE checkpoint.
"The troops that entered are still there.