Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
ASMARA, 28th August 2002: At a critical moment when the country has been striving to overcome the caseload of a complex humanitarian situation that resulted from the border conflict with Ethiopia and natural calamities over the last four years, Eritrea is faced by another year of severe and extensive spell of drought. This is seriously threatening the survival of people and livestock across the country.
- The Eritrean Relief and Refugee Commission
(ERREC) alerted the international and humanitarian community that Eritrea
is facing exceptionally sever and prolonged drought that is threatening
the survival of people and animals;
- On 12 July 2002 the UN Security Council
has called on Eritrea and Ethiopia to fully cooperate with the border demarcation
process between the two countries;
- UN Under Secretary General for Peacekeeping
Operations Mr. Jean-Marie Guehenno visits Eritrea.
- 7th Tripartite Meeting (UNHCR, COR,
ERREC) held in Geneva. Number of Eritreans repatriated since May 2001 has
passed the 50,000 mark.
- The International Committee of the Red
Cross (ICRC) assisted the repatriation of in 168 civilian Eritreans from
Ethiopia to Eritrea.
- More than 5,000 IDPs relocated from
Korokon to Kotobia and Shambouko.
- The UN Security Council members reiterated
the need for Eritrea and Ethiopia to cooperate closely with Eritrea-Ethiopia
Boundary Commission and UN Mission to Eritrea and Ethiopia;
- The Government of Eritrea and the UN
Country Team in Eritrea launched the United Nations Development Assistance
Framework (UNDAF) document on 15 May 2001 at the Asmara Intercontinental
- The Eritrea-Ethiopia Border Commission
(EEBC) announced its verdict on the delimitation of the border between
the two countries on 13 April 2002.
- The Eritrean and Ethiopian United Nations
Country Teams met together in Ethiopia from 21-22 March 2002 to discuss
humanitarian and development assistance activities to support peace building
and reconciliation efforts;
- Members of the United Nations Security Council met with Diplomatic Corps, UN agencies, Non Governmental Organizations and religious leaders in Eritrea on 24 February 2002 at the Confederation of Eritrean Workers conference room.