Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- UNHCR Ethiopia Factsheet - November 2018
- Ethiopia: Historic reforms encouraging; country’s displaced must not be forgotten
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Also Considers Final Performance Report for Closed Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea
The Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary) today took up the financing of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), which is projected to require $646.58 million for its maintenance in the upcoming financial year, beginning 1 July.
Jun Yamazaki, Controller, explained that the proposed budget for UNIFIL was 0.6 per cent less than what was approved in the previous year, owing to projected delays in the deployment of military contingents, and the need for fewer vehicles.
The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) had been not only successful, but vital to ensuring stability in its area of operation, Major General Claudio Graziano, the Force Commander, said at a Headquarters press conference today.
Outlining the mission's accomplishments since its expansion by the Security Council in resolution 1701 (2006), Major General Graziano said that UNIFIL, working with the Lebanese Army, had maintained the ceasefire in southern Lebanon and accomplished the largest …