Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
TURKEY: FOOD, BLANKETS FOR EARTHQUAKE SURVIVORS
Since a catastrophic 7.2-magnitude earthquake rocked eastern Turkey on Sunday, October 23, the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) has been in conversation with partner International Blue Crescent (IBC), seeking to get emergency supplies to survivors.
At least 270 people were known to have died in the earthquake, whose epicenter was in the town of Ercis. Some 1,300 people were injured in the quake and the 200 aftershocks that rattled the area through Sunday night. Many people remain missing.
Welcome to the April edition of the monthly emergencies update. Click on the link below to take you to the information you are interested in. Since the last edition rains have continued to fall in Mozambique and Malawi and recovery work is underway in Gujarat, India and El Salvador. This update also includes information from AA Burundi, AA Bangladesh and AA Ethiopia on the latest emergency situations and intiatives there.