Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Protection Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
In Focus 1
North Africa 2
Northeast Africa 4
Horn of Africa 6
CAIRO, 12 March 2012 (IRIN) - Fatma Soleman’s small table at a special International Women’s Day bazaar in a suburb of the Egyptian capital, Cairo, was a bustle of activity as visitors admired handmade jewelry, colourful bags and gold-embroidered wallets on display.
For the past 12 years Soleman has been teaching hundreds of refugee women in Cairo how to create handicrafts and successfully sell them. “I teach women that they can do it,” she said. “I’m working to help refugees become self-reliant.”
There was a sharp drop in the numbers of people crossing the border at Ras Adjir from Libya into Tunisia on Friday, raising concern people are being impeded from fleeing. The Libyan side of the border has seen an increased presence of government forces. Information emerging from western Libya is very limited with mounting concern that essential medical care and supplies may be unavailable or inaccessible to injured people.
Global: Flawed Policies Expose Migrants to Abuse
GENEVA (2 March 2010) - The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on Tuesday called on the Egyptian government to immediately order its security forces to stop using "lethal force" against unarmed migrants trying to enter Israel via the Sinai Desert, after the latest in a series of some 60 fatal shootings over the past two and a half years.
Pillay also called for an urgent independent inquiry into the killing of so many individuals by State security forces, and the wounding and disappearance of dozens more, on the Egyptian side of the Sinai border with Israel, …
- 416 Sudanese refugees return to Southern Sudan, the highest return in the past seven weeks
- Jonglei state MoH reports outbreak of 7 cases of measles.