Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Upon the instructions of the Foreign Minister, the Egyptian Fund for Technical Cooperation with Africa intensified its efforts with Ethiopia through offering humanitarian assistance. A medical convoy consisting of 18 doctors was dispatched during the period from 12/6/2011 to 22/6/2011. During their presence, the crew of the Egyptian medical convoy performed 92 surgeries in "Dil-chora" hospital in "Dire Dawa" city and "Debrazit" hospital in "Basketo" city, including surgeries in breast cancer, colon, stomach and digestive system.
A major shake up of Britain's aid programme which will provide 50 million people with the means to help work their way out of poverty was announced today by International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell.
The new strategy will:
- stop 250,000 newborn babies dying needlessly
- save the lives of 50,000 women in pregnancy and childbirth
- secure schooling for 11 million children - more than we educate in the UK but at 2.5% of the cost
- provide access to safe drinking water and improved sanitation to more people than there are in Scotland, Wales and Northern …
This Innocenti Insight examines the social dynamics of the abandonment of female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) in five countries – Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Senegal and the Sudan – and seeks to inform policies and programmes aimed at ending the practice, both in countries where it is part of local tradition and among diaspora communities in countries of immigration.