Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
Key developments in the week of December 2nd include the escalating Islamic State activity in Egypt and Burkina Faso; the instability posed by other Islamist militants such as in Mozambique; and the high tensions in Togo and Ethiopia.
The Islamic State is nearly as strong in Africa in 2018 as when it peaked in 2015. Since October, activity by Islamic State militants has significantly risen across Northern, Western and Eastern Africa and this trend is likely to continue.
Africa still faces numerous security issues that continue to challenge its political viability, stability, prosperity and sustainable peace. This monograph attempts to uncover the complexity of the most salient security issues facing the Horn of Africa. It provides in-depth analysis on intra-state conflicts and insurgencies and their consequences on and beyond the region. It also investigates the root causes of several inter-state conflicts in the Horn of Africa as well as the possibilities of their effective management.