Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Amhara Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
Egypt remains a destination and transit country for refugees and asylum-seekers, most of which live in urban areas.
Currently, 208,398 refugees and asylum-seekers of 63 different nationalities are registered with UNHCR Egypt. Over half are from Syria.
27,766 people have registered with UNHCR Egypt since the beginning of 2017; 9,098 registered in May and June alone.
households/cases received multi-purpose cash grants in June 2017
and asylum-seekers (all nationalities) registered as of April 2017
Unaccompanied and separated children currently registered
refugees submitted to resettlement countries in 2017
Refugees departed for resettlement in 2017
USD 79.3 M
Requested for the operation in 2017
Egypt - The UN Migration Agency (IOM) in Egypt launched its revamped Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) Map (http://avrr.eg.iom.int/) on 4 July 2017 to provide policymakers, development partners, civil society, private sector, academia and the donor community with updated information on stranded Egyptian migrants who opted to return home voluntarily and non-Egyptian migrants wishing to voluntarily return to their home countries.