Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
September 26, 2015 (KHARTOUM) - An Egyptian security official Saturday said the authorities rescued 174 illegal immigrants, mostly Sudanese as they were heading to Europe on a boat, 47 nautical miles north west of Mersa Matruh.
Egypt’s al-Youm al-Sabi’i daily newspaper quoted the director of security in Mersa Matruh, Maj. Gen. Hashim Lutfi, as saying that the rescued immigrants include 23 Egyptians and 151 from nine other countries.
Mr. Amin Awad, MENA Bureau Director visited Egypt early December. During his visit, he met with government officials, toured the Zamalek registration centre and visited UNHCR projects in Alexandria.
Resettlement targets have been achieved with 1,579 Syrian individuals submitted to the regional hub, of which 829 individuals (53%) submitted to the USA. In addition to African and Iraq 2,077 individuals of which 1463 individuals (70%) submitted to the USA.