Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Djiboutian Ambassador to the UN wrote an open letter to the UN Security Council to mediate in their border dispute with Eritrea.
- The border dispute between Djibouti and Eritrea started during the colonial era.
- Djiboutian diplomat claimed Ethiopia was using its position as in the UN Security Council to lobby for the lifting of sanctions on Asmara.
By Aggrey Mutambo
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 19 February – 04 March 2013, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and under-lined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
Inside this Issue
In Focus 1
North Africa 2
Northeast Africa 4
Horn of Africa 5
The priority areas emanating from the study and selected by the Bank for intervention include: (i) Water Resources Infrastructure, (ii) Livestock Infrastructure, (iii) Markets and Marketing of livestock and livestock products, (iv) Capacity Building and (vi) Conflict Resolution and Peace Building.