Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
A tropical cyclone developed on 16 May in the Gulf of Aden, between Yemen and Somalia, known as Cyclone Sagar. It hit Djibouti on 19 May causing heavy rains and flash floods (OCHA 22/05/2018;
The Islamic Development Bank has approved US$ 650,000 as Emergency Relief Assistance allocated to drought stricken countries in the Horn of Africa ( Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Kenya) in addition to Malawi in South East Africa.
The amount, which will support the ongoing relief efforts in those countries where More than 11 million people were affected by the drought, will be disbursed as follows:
- US$ 150,000 Emergency Assistance to Somalia for water wells and purchasing food stuff.
- US$ 100,000 Emergency Assistance to Djibouti for purchasing food stuff.
- US$ …