Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
CIDA's Contribution to Djibouti
CIDA's Assistance to Djibouti
Since 1995, Canada, through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), has provided almost $5 million in aid to Djibouti.
Most of the projects in Djibouti are financed by the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives, which provides resources for the implementation of small projects that support the technical, economic, educational, cultural, or social development of local communities. This allows Canadian missions to respond quickly to local requests and development needs.
What has Canada done for this crisis so far?
Canada is sending $16 million of food and emergency supplies to Ethiopia.
How much food is Canada sending?
Canada is sending 24,000 metric tonnes of food.
How many people could that feed? And for how long?
The 24,000 metric tonnes of food could give supplementary food to approximately 1 million people for a period of three months.
How much of Canada's $16 million is going to Ethiopia?
All of it, but the Minister will be making further announcements for other countries in the Horn of Africa in the coming weeks.