Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
BEIJING, Aug. 19 (Xinhua) -- The Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said Friday that the two batches of foodstuff donated by China for drought-hit northeastern African nations will mostly arrive before the end of September.
The country's food aid to the regions increased significantly in the past month as the drought continued and spread, said Yu Yingfu, an official with the MOC Department of Aid to Foreign Countries.
by Daniel Ooko
NAIROBI, May 08, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The ongoing combination of chronic food insecurity, conflict and political instability is threatening the well being and lives of millions of children in the Horn of Africa, the UN children's fund (UNICEF) said on Friday.
UNICEF warned in a statement issued in Nairobi that unless urgent action was taken, millions more families could be made vulnerable is now a reality.
"Over the last few months we have witnessed a steady increase in the numbers of children suffering from acute malnutrition, which means more …
ADDIS ABABA, Sept 24, 2004 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Eastern Africa Locust Control Organization has made ready 3 planes to control possible desert locust infestation, Ethiopian media reported Friday.
The organization's director, Peter O. Odiyo, told the ministerial meeting that began here on Thursday that the planes will be employed to control the desert locust infestation feared to surface in the region as swarms are stretching eastward from countries in western Africa and the Red Sea areas.
HONG KONG (July 21) XINHUA - Hong Kong has granted a donation of 3 million HK dollars (385,000 U.S. dollars) to the United Nations Children's Fund for emergency relief to drought victims in eastern Africa.
The countries to receive the donation are Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea, Somalia and Djibouti, said a spokesman for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Friday.