Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
Djibouti Prime Minister resigns after 22 years.
UNMEE begins radio broadcasts in Eritrea.
EU signs 76 million Euro agreement.
World Bank approves US$ 473 million loan for reconstruction and rehabilitation of war displaced, for demobilization, landmine clearing and to address HIV/AIDS epidemic.
WFP appeals for US$ 135 million to avert food crisis threatening 2.9 million people.
IMF withholds US$ 205 million in budgetary support for Kenya.
This edition covers the period February - March 2000
A summary of the basic economic and social statistics for the Horn of Africa countries (Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda) with particular reference to the well-being of children.
Compiled from the original UNICEF publication. March 2000
Table 1: Basic indicators
This update covers the period October- November 1999
Consolidated UN report prepared by the Information Section of the UN Emergencies Unit for Ethiopia from information and reports provided by specialised UN agencies, media sources, the Ethiopian Government and NGOs.
Update on the Ethiopia-Eritrea conflict
Following nearly two weeks of relative calm on the disputed border between Ethiopia and Eritrea, hopes were again voiced that perhaps there would be a new opportunity for the two sides to reach an agreement regarding the implementation of the OAU peace proposals.