Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
Addis Ababa_(dpa) _ Six countries in the Horn of Africa are to benefit from 10 million dollars in drought relief Saudi Arabia has pledged to provide through the World Food Programme (WFP), the Royal Saudi Embassy in Addis Ababa disclosed Tuesday.
The cash donation would be forwarded to the WFP to buy and distribute food to the needy in drought-affected parts of Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia and Tanzania.
The locally purchased grain is expected to be ready for joint distribution by mid-June by officials from the Saudi Ministry of Finance and WFP staff.
ROME - The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia today donated US$10 million in cash to the United Nations World Food Programme's operations in the Horn of Africa, where over six million people in six countries are rapidly running out of food following several seasons of severe drought.
Update of El Niño: