Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
4th Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the UNEP-Linked Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants
GENEVA/NAIROBI/WASHINGTON DC -- The United Nations Environment Programme and the World Health Organization, in partnership with the Global Environment Facility, today announced a rejuvenated international effort to combat malaria with an incremental reduction of reliance on the synthetic pesticide DDT.
Ten projects, all part of the global programme "Demonstrating and Scaling-up of sustainable Alternatives to DDT in Vector Management", involving some 40 …
This report covers the period 01/01/2008 to 30/06/2008.
The programmes in the Eastern Africa (EA) Zone are aligned to the Federation Global Agenda goals and Framework for Action Areas of improvement.
Build up well-prepared, stronger and more efficient National Societies that are able to predict, prevent and reduce risks and respond to the high level of humanitarian demands in the region posed by small and medium scale disasters, mitigate their impact as well as cope with their consequences.
Build and strengthen the capacities of the 14 National …
Tropical Cyclone Bondo
Tropical Cyclone Bondo developed into a very powerful storm in the southwestern Indian Ocean. The storm intensity peaked at 110 knots before starting to weaken. By the time Bondo made landfall, it had been down graded to a tropical storm with winds at about 60 knots. Bondo developed on December 18th near Diego Garcia and dissipated on December 26th in the Mozambique Channel.
Weekly Introduction: Flooding continues in the Greater Horn
(pdf* format - 569 KB)
The URL for the ITCZ information has been changed slightly. The new URL is: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/fews/ITCZ/itcz.shtml.