Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
(New York: 14 December 2010): Contributions made at today's conference in support of the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) brought the total amount raised for the global emergency fund to more than US$2 billion since it was established by the General Assembly five years ago.
Today, some 59 donors pledged more than $358 million for 2011. Before the latest round of pledging, donors had contributed $1,955,773,530 to the Fund. Since 2006, a total of 124 Member States and Observers have contributed--almost 2/3 of the membership of the General Assembly.
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): plan to withdraw peacekeeping troops
Rome, 5 April 2010 - A UN report proposed a plan for a three-year phased withdrawal the peacekeeping force, MONUC. While the Congolese government has urged the 22,000-strong UN-peacekeeping force to leave in 2011 before the next national elections.
The UN technical assessment mission concluded that an ongoing presence of the MONUC force was essential in the Kivu and Orientale provinces in the east of the country.
LA COMMISSION EUROPEENNE,
Vu le Traité sur le fonctionnement de l'Union européenne,
Vu le règlement (CE) N=B0 1257/96 du Conseil du 20 juin 1996 concernant l'aide humanitaire, et en particulier ses articles 2 c), 9 et 15, paragraphe 2, considérant ce qui suit:
(1) Dans de vastes régions de la République démocratique du Congo, l'accès par la route aux projets humanitaires de réhabilitation et de développement est impossible en raison de l'état du réseau routier et de l'insécurité qui y règne.
Thursday, January 21, 2010 (Washington, DC) - One year after President Obama was sworn in to office, and less than a week before his State of the Union address, Africa Action today released its Africa Policy Outlook 2010, also published by Foreign Policy in Focus.
The Outlook is an annual publication forecasts the key issues and developments in Africa policy, such as climate change, the global economic crisis, HIV/AIDS, foreign aid and other country topics, and it analyzes trends in U.S.