Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
Bednets delivered by UKaid have prevented more than 80,000 child deaths in the developing world, Douglas Alexander announced today.
In all, 14.6 million bednets have been provided so far and another 2.7 million are currently on their way some of the world's poorest countries.
With just one year to go, today's announcement means the UK is on track to meet the pledge the Prime Minister made in 2008 to deliver over 20 million bed nets by the end of 2010 to help prevent 110,000 child deaths.
Every year 250 million people become severely ill with malaria and around one million …
1.1 The Public Service Agreement (PSA) framework has changed for the period 2008-11. Thirty PSAs now reflect a collective set of the UK government's priorities.
1.2 The Department for International Development (DFID) is the lead department on PSA 29: Reduce poverty in poorer countries through quicker progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The UK is to double its funding for water and sanitation in Africa over the next three years, International Development Secretary Hilary Benn announced today.
And he said the Government will take immediate action to help 11 African countries where the problem is most acute.
Speaking at a conference to mark World Water Day, Mr Benn said funding from the Department for International Development will increase from £47.5m this year to £95m in 2007/8.
He said there were a number of reasons why international targets to improve access to water and sanitation are not being …