Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme
Update on UNHCR’s operations in Africa
A. Situational analysis including new developments
Statistics April 2010
Total refugee population in Kenya: 387,372
- Dadaab 272,712
- Kakuma 69,414
- Nairobi 45,246 : 300 to 500 new arrivals a week Nairobi (majority Somali)
Country of Origin: Somalia; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Sudan; Great Lakes etc.
As one of the three durable solutions for refugees, resettlement is often used when the other options - voluntary repatriation and local integration - are not available. UNHCR Khartoum has been working with resettlement countries to provide this option to refugees in Sudan, particularly those with specific needs.
There are criteria defined by resettlement countries and UNHCR for a refugee to be considered for this option.
Ron Redmond - Media Relations
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.