Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
A Security Council delegation on a week-long visit to Africa met with internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) today to assess efforts by the Government and the United Nations to consolidate peace and security in the area, a spokesperson for the world body said.
The 15-member group visited Kiwanja IDP camp near Goma, in North Kivu province, temporary home to some 13,000 people fleeing conflicts in the area, Marie Okabe told reporters in New York.
Earlier, on arrival in Goma from the Rwandan capital, Kigali, the delegation was briefed by the …
Members of the United Nations Security Council leave today on a weeklong mission to Ethiopia, Sudan, Ghana, Côte d'Ivoire and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) in support of ongoing peace efforts in Africa.
On Saturday, under the joint leadership of Ambassadors Emyr Jones-Parry of the United Kingdom and Dumisani Kumalo of South Africa, the delegation will meet in Addis Ababa with African Union (AU) and Ethiopian officials, as well as with the AU Peace and Security Council, a UN spokesperson announced today.
The Council will then head to Khartoum, where meetings are …
Le nouveau Secrétaire général de l'ONU, Ban Ki-moon, participera lundi prochain, pour la première fois, à une séance publique du Conseil de sécurité qui sera consacrée aux menaces à la paix et à la sécurité internationales, a annoncé aujourd'hui son président pour le mois de janvier.
A day before arriving in Mozambique to attend the annual African Union summit, the head of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) today urged African leaders to invest in children as a first priority, arguing that it is the only chance for sustaining development and progress on the continent.