Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
Funding will Close Half of the Remaining Gap to Provide Entire Population with Nets
Press Release No:2010/358/AFR
Washington, April 22, 2010 - World Bank Group President Robert B. Zoellick today committed $200 million to provide people in sub Saharan Africa with bed nets that will protect them from malaria. Malaria kills nearly one million people every year in poor countries around the world.
En Afrique, un enfant meurt toutes les 30 secondes du paludisme.
An African child dies of malaria every 30 seconds.