Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
Brussels, 18 December 2012
The European Union's Nobel Peace prize money will fund four projects under the EU Children of Peace initiative and details of the projects were announced today by Jose Manuel Barroso, the President of the European Commission.
The attribution of the award money to children affected by conflict was an unanimous decision of the President of the European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso, the European Parliament Martin Schulz and of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy.
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): plan to withdraw peacekeeping troops
Rome, 5 April 2010 - A UN report proposed a plan for a three-year phased withdrawal the peacekeeping force, MONUC. While the Congolese government has urged the 22,000-strong UN-peacekeeping force to leave in 2011 before the next national elections.
The UN technical assessment mission concluded that an ongoing presence of the MONUC force was essential in the Kivu and Orientale provinces in the east of the country.