Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
November 28, 2014 / 63(47);1104-1107
E. Kainne Dokubo, MD1, Annabel Baddeley, MPH2, Ishani Pathmanathan, MD1, William Coggin, MSA3, Jacqueline Firth, MD4, Haileyesus Getahun, MD, PhD2, Jonathan Kaplan, MD1, Anand Date, MD1 (Author affiliations at end of text)
BY DR. TOMAZ AUGUSTO SALOMÃO
OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE
SIGNING OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE AGREEMENT
FOR THE JOINT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME ON
CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION AND MITIGATION IN
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
16 TH JULY 2012, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen - -- and Happy New Year!
We start the year with anxiety -- anxiety over the prospect of war in Iraq, over nuclear proliferation in the Korean Peninsula, and over what seems like violence without end in the Middle East. Even Côte d'Ivoire, which used to be one of the most stable and prosperous countries in Africa, is now caught in the downward spiral of conflict.
The threat of global terror hangs over all of us. We don't know where or when it will strike next.
And these are only the crises in the headlines!
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network for Southern Africa
Tel: +27 11 880 4633
Fax: +27 11 880 1421