Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
Essays by Peter Singer, Rick and Kay Warren, Anne Mulcahy,
Jennifer Garner and others on why investments in maternal and child health care in developing countries are good for America
Des Moines, Iowa-Twenty-nine countries around the world have alarming or extremely alarming levels of hunger, and thirteen countries have actually seen increases in their hunger levels since 1990, according to the 2009 Global Hunger Index report. The Democratic Republic of Congo scored the worst, followed by Burundi, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Chad, and Ethiopia.
1.1 The Public Service Agreement (PSA) framework has changed for the period 2008-11. Thirty PSAs now reflect a collective set of the UK government's priorities.
1.2 The Department for International Development (DFID) is the lead department on PSA 29: Reduce poverty in poorer countries through quicker progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).