Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
From the Editor
Issue 34 of Field Exchange has a special focus on infant and young child feeding in emergencies (IFE) and is dedicated to the memory of Tom Marchione.
Leading the IFE 'show' is an extended field article from the UNICEF team in Indonesia, sharing their IFE experiences in the aftermath of the earthquake in 2006. On reading the piece you may well get that 'deja-vu' feeling - mass arrival and untargeted distribution of infant formula, milk powder, and commercial baby foods to mothers and children. Monitoring was almost non-existent.
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
JOHANNESBURG, 9 February2007 (IRIN) - The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has suggested major reforms in the way food aid is managed and distributed in its annual report.
"In many cases, food aid is used because it is the only available resource, not because it is the best solution to the problem at hand.
40 Million People at Risk of Starvation,
Says Head of World Food Programme;
More Consistent Humanitarian Funding, Investment in Agriculture Urgently Needed
This report includes:
(A) Global Resourcing Update
(B) Asia Region: (1) Democratic People's Republic of Korea
(C) West and Central Asia Region: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran
(D) Middle East: (1) Palestinian Territories
(E) East and Southern Africa Region: (1) Regional overview, (2) Zimbabwe,
(3) Malawi, (4) Zambia, (5) Djibouti, (6) Kenya, (7) Ethiopia
(F) Central Africa Region: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia, (3) Democratic Republic of Congo
This report includes: A) Democratic People's Republic of Korea - floods B) Afghanistan C) Sierra Leone D) Somalia E) Ethiopia F) D.R. Congo - Angolan refugees G) Zambia - D.R. Congo refugees.