Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
Torrential rains impacted coastal Cote D’Ivoire during the past week.
An increase in rain was observed across dry areas in northwestern Ethiopia and southeastern Sudan
1) Heavy and above-average rains since May have oversaturated the grounds of southern Mali and lead to rainfall surpluses greater than 200% of normal in some locations. With heavy rain forecast during the next outlook period, the risk for new flooding across the region will be increased.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
29th & 30th Meetings (AM & PM)
One out of every three people residing in cities around the globe lived in a slum, and unless the problem was dealt with, another 400 million people would join their ranks by 2020, Anna Tibaijuka, Executive Director of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) told the Second Committee (Economic and Financial) today, as it continued its consideration of sustainable development.
The Middle East, African issues, and an open debate on children and armed conflict will constitute the focus of the United Nations Security Council's work programme during July, Le Luong Minh, Permanent Representative of Viet Nam and Council's President for the month, told correspondents at a Headquarters press conference in New York today.
Briefing on the Council's programme of work during his country's presidency, Mr.
Israel has responded to requests for aid from several African countries over the past year
(Communicated by the Foreign Ministry Spokesman's Ofice)
Israel today (Wednesday, 20 Sep.) sent an emergency shipment of humanitarian aid to Cote d'Ivoire, in response to an international appeal by its government for help following the recent ecological and health disaster caused by the spillage of poisonous waste in the lagoon surrounding the capital, Abidjan.
The aid shipment comprises primarily antibiotics and medical equipment for treating poisoning victims, whose number is …