Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
Draft Resolutions Introduced on Crime Prevention, Drug Control, Family Issues
Fifty-eighth General Assembly
19th & 20th Meetings (AM & PM)
Delegates highlighted the urgency of combating child trafficking and child labour around the world as the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) today concluded its review of the protection and promotion of children's rights.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) today commended the President George W. Bush of the United States for his leadership in endorsing a $15 billion emergency bill to tackle AIDS in Africa and the Caribbean, and urged for substantial investment in prevention among young people.
Extracted from UMCOR Hotline 11 Apr 2003
James T. Morris
World Food Programme
STATEMENT TO THE UNITED NATIONS SECURITY
Agnes van Ardenne, Minister for Development Cooperation, is donating 9 million euros to the UN to alleviate the food crisis in Africa. Of this sum, 5 million will go to the Horn of Africa, 3 million to Southern Africa and 1 million to West Africa. 40 million Africans are threatened by famine. Ethiopia has been worst hit by food shortages and faces widespread starvation.
UNITED NATIONS, New York, 23 January 2003 - Responding to the deadly interaction between HIV/AIDS and food crises affecting some 40 million Africans, UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is organizing three regional meetings to help ensure that relief efforts address both issues in an integrated manner.
Kris Janowski - Media Relations