Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Figures and graphics available in PDF and WORD PROCESSED
Development Committee of the European Parliament
1 September 2009, European Parliament, Brussels
Honourable members of Parliament,
It is a real pleasure for me to be in the European Parliament today as Commissioner for Development and Humanitarian Aid.
As you probably know I spent some 14 years of my political career in this institution.
Sixty-third General Assembly GA/AB/3904
Draft Resolutions Introduced on Crime Prevention, Drug Control, Family Issues
Fifty-eighth General Assembly
19th & 20th Meetings (AM & PM)
Delegates highlighted the urgency of combating child trafficking and child labour around the world as the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) today concluded its review of the protection and promotion of children's rights.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) today commended the President George W. Bush of the United States for his leadership in endorsing a $15 billion emergency bill to tackle AIDS in Africa and the Caribbean, and urged for substantial investment in prevention among young people.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Peter Kessler - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at the press briefing, on 11 October 2002, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.