Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
Tanzania Tackling Malaria, Maternal Health
By Laura Ashbaugh
Although Tanzania boasts political stability and one of the fastest growing economies in sub-Saharan Africa, it still faces alarming maternal mortality, rapid population growth, and widespread poverty.
USAID is assisting Tanzania in responding to these issues by helping to reduce malaria and HIV/AIDS, prevent maternal deaths, expand agribusiness, and protect the environment, said Tanzania Director Rob Cunnane on a recent trip to Washington.
A major part of the USAID budget in the African nation of 40 …
Barbara van Koppen, Stef Smits, Patrick Moriarty, Frits Penning de Vries, Monique Mikhail and Eline Boelee
Multiple-use water services offer an effective route to improve livelihoods
Rationale, aim and methodology
Multiple-use water services (MUS) has emerged as an approach to water services better suited to meeting people's multiple needs in peri-urban and rural areas of low- and middle-income countries.
By Luis Jaime Acosta
QUIBDO, Colombia, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The global financial crisis could reduce United Nations' aid for victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters, a senior U.N. official said on Wednesday.