Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Briefing note: Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) Ethiopia (August 2018)
(Nueva York, 9 de agosto de 2012): La más alta funcionaria de las Naciones Unidas para la asistencia humanitaria, Valerie Amos, asignó 55 millones de dólares del Fondo Central de Respuesta a Emergencias (CERF) para reforzar la operación humanitaria en ocho países con emergencias humanitarias insuficientemente financiadas.
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 3
Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development
I. Introduction 1. In 2010, the Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances commemorated its 30th anniversary. During its thirty years of existence, the Working Group has fulfilled its humanitarian mandate to assist families to ascertain the fate and whereabouts of their disappeared family members.
National Security, Interagency Collaboration, and Lessons from SOUTHCOM and AFRICOM
Before the Subcommittee on National Security
and Foreign Affairs
Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
U.S. House of Representatives
By Luis Jaime Acosta
QUIBDO, Colombia, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The global financial crisis could reduce United Nations' aid for victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters, a senior U.N. official said on Wednesday.
In this issues:
- Building Peace in Colombia: One Neighborhood at a Time
- Enhancing Economic Opportunity and Stability in Haiti
- From Darfur to Santa Fe: A Journey of Empowerment
- Assessing the Impact of Con.
(2006-11) News Release
On the eve of the London meeting of G8 Foreign Ministers (23-24 June), where Ministers will discuss the possible adoption of an Arms Trade Treaty, a new report reveals how the G8 countries are still supplying military equipment, weapons and munitions to destinations where they contribute to gross violations of human rights. G8 weapons have been exported to countries including Sudan, Myanmar (Burma), the Republic of Congo, Colombia and the Philippines.
Baltimore, Oct 3, 2000 -- Lutheran World Relief's board, meeting in regular session here September 28-29, reviewed $9 million worth of new projects and helped shape future plans. Projects before the group included efforts to relieve the food crisis in the Horn of Africa, especially a major food-for-work and seeds program in Southern Sudan.