Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
The United States is pleased to announce a contribution of $126.8 million toward the 2011 operations of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 3
Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development
I. Introduction 1. In 2010, the Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances commemorated its 30th anniversary. During its thirty years of existence, the Working Group has fulfilled its humanitarian mandate to assist families to ascertain the fate and whereabouts of their disappeared family members.
National Security, Interagency Collaboration, and Lessons from SOUTHCOM and AFRICOM
Before the Subcommittee on National Security
and Foreign Affairs
Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
U.S. House of Representatives
Tanzania Tackling Malaria, Maternal Health
By Laura Ashbaugh
Although Tanzania boasts political stability and one of the fastest growing economies in sub-Saharan Africa, it still faces alarming maternal mortality, rapid population growth, and widespread poverty.
USAID is assisting Tanzania in responding to these issues by helping to reduce malaria and HIV/AIDS, prevent maternal deaths, expand agribusiness, and protect the environment, said Tanzania Director Rob Cunnane on a recent trip to Washington.
A major part of the USAID budget in the African nation of 40 …
In this issues:
- Building Peace in Colombia: One Neighborhood at a Time
- Enhancing Economic Opportunity and Stability in Haiti
- From Darfur to Santa Fe: A Journey of Empowerment
- Assessing the Impact of Con.