Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
Convention on Cluster Munitions promoted at UN disarmament discussions
A special event on the Convention on Cluster Munitions took place on 19 October 2010 in New York during the UN First Committee on Disarmament and International Security. The event was co-hosted by Lao PDR and Japan and chaired by Mr Jarmo Sareva from UN ODA. A special opening message was given by Ms. Asha Rose Migiro, UN Deputy Secretary-General. Remarks were given by Mr. Akio Suda, Permanent Representative of Japan to CD; Ms.
Regional meeting on landmines opens today in Pretoria
Pretoria, 9 September 2009 -- African Union members must step up their efforts towards ridding the continent of landmines and fully respecting the rights of landmine survivors, said the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), 1997 Nobel Peace Laureate, today at the opening of a regional meeting on the issue.
NEW YORK, 3 December (UN Mine Action Service) - An international treaty that prohibits the use, production, stockpiling and transfer of cluster munitions is opening for signature in Oslo, Norway today.
The new Convention on Cluster Munitions - or CCM - "marks a major step forward in global efforts to protect civilians and control the noxious spread of deadly, inhumane weapons", wrote the Secretary-General in a message to the Oslo signing event. "The horrific humanitarian impact of cluster munitions is well known," he added.