Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
PRESS RELEASE N. 206/2009
Banjul, 10 November 2009 - The Third Conference of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), which started on Sunday, 8 November, 2009, in Banjul; Gambia, ended today, Tuesday, 10 November 2009, with constructive conclusions and recommendations to promote and support NHRIs in Africa.
The meeting noted that since the last Conference held in 2004, NHRIs had made significant progress in promoting and protecting human rights in Africa through activities such as capacity building, advocacy and counseling.
ADDRESSING CHALLENGES OF AFRICAN NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTIONS
Banjul, November 8, 2009 - At the Third Conference of African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) which started, today, Sunday, 8 November 2009, in Banjul, Republic of Gambia, representatives of National Human Rights Institutions have shared experiences, challenges and opportunities with a view to improving capacity building and enhancing or reinforcing their mandates.
On challenges, the representatives of the NHRIs agreed that funding and staffing levels had an effect on their work.