Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
1) With seasonal rains ending and as vegetation dries out, locust swarms have formed in Chad and are expected to form shortly in Niger and Mali. Swarms are then expected to migrate towards the north as well as potentially into cropping areas in western/central Mali.
Tunisie - Les mineurs non accompagnés et les enfants migrants séparés de leurs parents sont exposés aux risques de maltraitance, d'exploitation et de violence en recherchant la sécurité dans les camps de déplacés à la frontière entre la Tunisie et la Libye.
Avec le soutien du personnel de l'OIM à la frontière, l'UNICEF a identifié plus de 150 enfants depuis les premiers jours de la crise en Libye lorsque les migrants ont fui en grand nombre vers les pays voisins.
Unaccompanied minors and child migrants separated from their parents are at risk of abuse, exploitation and violence as they seek safety in the camps for the displaced on the Tunisian-Libyan border.
UNICEF, with the support of IOM staff at the border, say that more than 150 children have been identified since the early days of the crisis in Libya when large numbers of migrants fled to neighbouring countries.
Regional meeting on landmines opens today in Pretoria
Pretoria, 9 September 2009 -- African Union members must step up their efforts towards ridding the continent of landmines and fully respecting the rights of landmine survivors, said the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), 1997 Nobel Peace Laureate, today at the opening of a regional meeting on the issue.
1. The present report is submitted in accordance with Security Council presidential statement S/PRST/2007/31, in which the Council requested the Secretary-General to report to it on options for the further implementation of resolution 1625 (2005) on conflict prevention, particularly in Africa.
2. A culture of prevention is taking hold at the United Nations; awareness of the importance of prevention has spread, and the commitment to building and mainstreaming its tools has taken root.
High Profile Operations
Many high profile operations also face critical pipeline breaks in the next three months.
PRRO 10427.0 - Post Conflict Relief and Rehabilitation
January 06 - December 08
Shortfalls over next 6 months (mt)(1)
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.
Coping with Crisis
España canjeará la deuda por proyectos educativos a seis países africanos.
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at One-Month Lead:
Aug-Oct 2005 Forecasts
Gulf of Guinea Region:
Climatology is expected across the domain, except locally over northwestern Cote d’Ivoire.
Northern Horn of Africa:
CCA Guidance for August-September-October at One Month Lead
The outlook for Sahel rainfall at one month lead (sahelASO1.gif) shows a tilt in the odds favoring above average rainfall over central Chad, portions of eastern Niger, and eastern Mali. There is a tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall locally over western Mali and southeastern Senegal. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Gulf of Guinea