Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
CHAD: INSECURITY HINDERS THE MOBILITY OF HUMANITARIAN AGENCIES
According to JRS Chad, growing insecurity is hindering the delivery of humanitarian aid and services to refugees and internally displaced persons in the east of the country.
Since the clashes between rebels and government troops at the beginning of May, armed banditry has been on the rise.
In the past two weeks, JRS and partners have been the victims of robberies on two occasions. First, JRS staff were held up near Guereda and their vehicle was taken.
December 5, 2008 (New Delhi) - Every day, millions of refugee women and girls around the world risk rape, beatings-even death-as they search for the firewood they need to cook for their families. They are put squarely in harm's way as they leave the relative safety of their camps and encounter dangerous militias, corrupt soldiers and lawless rebels, and the animosity of villagers who fear their own resources being depleted.