Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
LONDRES, Royaume-Uni, 24 janvier (HCR) – Le HCR s'est félicité vendredi d'une contribution de trois millions de dollars qui a été versée par la Fondation LEGO. Elle aidera à améliorer l'accès à une éducation primaire de qualité pour plus de 200 000 enfants réfugiés, dans le cadre de l'Initiative Éduquer un enfant.
LONDON, United Kingdom, January 24 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency on Friday welcomed a US$3 million donation from the LEGO Foundation that will help improve access to quality primary school education for more than 200,000 refugee children under the Educate a Child initiative.
· Tchad: mobilisation au plus haut niveau en faveur des rapatriés de Centrafrique (RFI, 04/01/14)
· L’OIM débute l’évacuation aérienne des migrants bloqués en République centrafricaine (OIM, 10/01/14)
· Tchad : La Médiature de la République vient en aide aux rapatriés de RCA (Al Wihda, 08/01/14)
· The World Food Programme welcomes Chad’s historic contribution to school meals (WFP, 09/01/14)
· Le président tchadien réclame plus de sacrifices en faveur de la Centrafrique (Xinhua, 09/01/14)
JOHANNESBOURG, 26 novembre 2012 (IRIN) - Les crises de réfugiés semblent commencer et se terminer. En 2011, tous les yeux étaient tournés vers le complexe de réfugiés de Dadaab, dans le nord du Kenya, alors qu’il accueillait des centaines de milliers de Somaliens qui fuyaient la famine et le conflit. Cette année, c’est l’exode des réfugiés syriens qui a attiré l’attention du public, même si la majorité des Somaliens qui sont arrivés à Dadaab l’an dernier y sont toujours.
JOHANNESBURG, 21 November 2012 (IRIN) - Refugee crises appear to come and go. In 2011, all eyes were on the Dadaab refugee complex in northern Kenya as it received hundreds of thousands of Somalis fleeing famine and conflict. This year, attention has shifted to the refugee exodus from Syria, even though the majority of Somalis who arrived at Dadaab last year are still there.
NEW YORK - Beginning today, all medical treatment and medicines for pregnant women, lactating mothers and children under 5 will be provided free of charge in all government health facilities in Sierra Leone, currently one of the most dangerous places on earth to get pregnant.
PRESS RELEASE N. 206/2009
Banjul, 10 November 2009 - The Third Conference of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), which started on Sunday, 8 November, 2009, in Banjul; Gambia, ended today, Tuesday, 10 November 2009, with constructive conclusions and recommendations to promote and support NHRIs in Africa.
The meeting noted that since the last Conference held in 2004, NHRIs had made significant progress in promoting and protecting human rights in Africa through activities such as capacity building, advocacy and counseling.
ADDRESSING CHALLENGES OF AFRICAN NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTIONS
Banjul, November 8, 2009 - At the Third Conference of African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) which started, today, Sunday, 8 November 2009, in Banjul, Republic of Gambia, representatives of National Human Rights Institutions have shared experiences, challenges and opportunities with a view to improving capacity building and enhancing or reinforcing their mandates.
On challenges, the representatives of the NHRIs agreed that funding and staffing levels had an effect on their work.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
12th & 13th Meetings (AM & PM)
Also Hears from Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict, As It Begins Multi-Day Debate on Promotion, Protection of Rights of Child
Regional meeting on landmines opens today in Pretoria
Pretoria, 9 September 2009 -- African Union members must step up their efforts towards ridding the continent of landmines and fully respecting the rights of landmine survivors, said the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), 1997 Nobel Peace Laureate, today at the opening of a regional meeting on the issue.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
Coping with Crisis
Key goal is to "energize" Tripartite Process in Great Lakes region
FEWS NET Alert Status
CCA Outlooks for October-December at One Month Lead
The outlook for Oct-Dec 2004 East Africa rainfall at one month lead shows a tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall across southern Somalia, most of Kenya and Uganda, western Rwanda, and extreme northern Tanzania. Climatology is expected in all other areas.
Northern Horn of Africa
N A T I O N S U N I E S
Bureau pour la Coordination des Affaires Humanitaires / IRIN pour l'Afrique Centrale et de l'Est
Tel: +254 2 622 147
Fax: +254 2 622 129