Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
Urgent aid to the Central African Republic also discussed at UNICEF Executive Board meeting
NEW YORK, 4 February 2014 – The European Union announced today that it has allocated €320 million ($431 million) through UNICEF to improve the health and nutrition of children and women in 15 developing countries and to help speed progress in meeting the Millennium Development Goals.
La question d’une aide humanitaire d’urgence pour la République centrafricaine a également été discutée lors de la réunion du Conseil d’administration de l’UNICEF
NEW YORK, 4 février 2014 – L’Union européenne a annoncé aujourd’hui l’octroi de 320 millions d’euros (431 millions de dollars É.-U.) par l’intermédiaire de l’UNICEF pour améliorer la santé et l’alimentation des enfants et des femmes dans quinze pays en développement et pour permettre d’accélérer les progrès vers la réalisation des Objectifs du Millénaire pour le développement (OMD).
· Pasture and water shortages are occurring in regions of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia, as pastoral and cropping areas have experienced poor March to May rains, with continued poor rainfall and below-average harvests expected, according to USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET).
Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
December 2, 2010
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
From November 14 through November 23, I traveled to Chad and Sudan to review the State Department's humanitarian programs and humanitarian contingency planning.
Addis Ababa, 29 July 20101 - The 15th AU Summit held in Kampala, Uganda, from 19 to 27 July has adopted the following decisions:
On the Theme of the Summit: "Maternal, infant and child Health and Development in Africa" adopted actions to be undertaken in various Member State, in particular the actions aimed at attaining the MDGs 4, 5 and 6, including the launching of CARMMA, mobilisation of adequate resources for integrated health programmes up to 15% of national budgets, the sharing of best practices within regions, regular evaluation and reporting of progress achieved by …
Rome, October 7, 2008 - "The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Directorate General for Cooperation and Development has contributed with a financial amount of 8.200.000 euros to WFP in compliance with the commitments made by the Italian government in FAO Headquarters last June, to face the food crisis in place and in response to urgent humanitarian assistance for the population in needs.
The contribution will finance ongoing programs of the countries listed below and marked by acronyms under specified:
- Central African Republic: "PRRO 10189.2 " …
Update of Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) Position:
Based on the past three periods of data, it appears that the African portion of the Intertropical Convergence Zone peaked around a dekad earlier (during August 1-10) than normal (August 11-20) and has begun its retreat southward in, virtually, all regions.
CCA Guidance for North East Africa Rainfall in Sep-Nov 2003 at One Month Lead