Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
La situation humanitaire des quelques 1,6 millions de personnes déplacées dans l'est de la RDC est toujours très préoccupante parce que, malgré le ballet diplomatique en cours, les combats continuent.
The humanitarian situation of about 1.6 million people displaced in the eastern DRC is still of high concern because despite ongoing diplomatic talks, fighting continues. Killing of civilians and recruitment of child soldiers are now reported by UN peacekeepers.
- CAR: High concern over security situation in many areas. An unidentified armed group attacked a village of Ouamba in the South-west. This situation led to population displacement not yet quantified.
For a Policy Framework on Pastoralism in Africa
African Union and the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Pastoralists across Africa have called for a continent-wide policy framework that will begin to secure and protect the lives, livelihood and rights of pastoralists across Africa.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.