Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Jennifer Pagonis - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at the press briefing, on 13 December 2005, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Following a period of insecurity caused by migration of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) from its traditional area in Eastern Equatoria to, reportedly, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) through Central Equatoria, the situation in Yei and the surrounding areas has improved considerably over the past week. UN Operation Lifeline Sudan (UNOLS) security levels for Yei, Kajo Keji, Labone and Nimule reverted to level 2 as of 26 September.
The security situation in south Sudan remained relatively stable. For the first time, Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) elements crossed the White Nile river and attacked an area on the Yei-Juba road. Attacks by the LRA have been taking place fairly regularly around Juba in the last few months, but always to the east of the White Nile.
The security situation in south Sudan remained relatively stable. Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) attacks on the civilian population reportedly continued in Eastern Equatoria.
Update of Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) Position:
Based on the past three periods of data, it appears that the African portion of the Intertropical Convergence Zone peaked around a dekad earlier (during August 1-10) than normal (August 11-20) and has begun its retreat southward in, virtually, all regions.
"A 2020 Vision for Food, Agriculture, and the Environment" is an initiative of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) to develop a shared vision and consensus for action on how to meet future world food needs while reducing poverty and protecting the environment.
The Security Council will devote a considerable amount of its time this month to various situations on the African continent, and will also spotlight the Council's role in humanitarian crises, the new President of the 15-nation body said today.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at the press briefing, on 7 January 2005, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.