Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
Urgent aid to the Central African Republic also discussed at UNICEF Executive Board meeting
NEW YORK, 4 February 2014 – The European Union announced today that it has allocated €320 million ($431 million) through UNICEF to improve the health and nutrition of children and women in 15 developing countries and to help speed progress in meeting the Millennium Development Goals.
La question d’une aide humanitaire d’urgence pour la République centrafricaine a également été discutée lors de la réunion du Conseil d’administration de l’UNICEF
NEW YORK, 4 février 2014 – L’Union européenne a annoncé aujourd’hui l’octroi de 320 millions d’euros (431 millions de dollars É.-U.) par l’intermédiaire de l’UNICEF pour améliorer la santé et l’alimentation des enfants et des femmes dans quinze pays en développement et pour permettre d’accélérer les progrès vers la réalisation des Objectifs du Millénaire pour le développement (OMD).
Point 43 de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Rapport du Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies
pour les réfugiés, questions relatives aux réfugiés,
SIPRI Fact Sheet July 2009
- Close to 79 000 personnel were deployed in 19 operations in Africa in 2008.
- Personnel numbers in Africa in 2008 had increased by 14 % over the 2007 level and 400 % over the 1999 level.
- Almost a third of all operations worldwide and 42 % of all personnel were located in Africa in 2008.
- Operations were active in 13 African countries in 2008.
- The UN sent 70% of all peace operation personnel it deployed worldwide in 2008 to Africa.
- Personnel deployments in Africa were 21 % short of the authorized levels in 2008.
- Five …
The United Nations said it is shutting down its Humanitarian Air Service in West Africa due to a serious lack of funding, seriously impairing aid operations in Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Cote d'Ivoire.
The UN Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) flies aid workers from the UN and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), as well as journalists and others, to some of the hardest-to-reach emergency operations around the world.
Run by the World Food Programme (WFP), UNHAS plays a vital role in areas in accessing remote locations and in cases where insecurity prevents travel by …
- The crisis is not over.
In 2007 and 2008 international food and oil prices soared causing riots in over 30 countries, threatening to undo any progress made towards Millennium Development Goals 1 and 4 - eradicating hunger and under-five child mortality. In this report, Action Against Hunger looks at the impact these global trends had on malnutrition and food security. Despite cereal prices falling on the global market, recent surveillance shows that food commodity prices have remained high or increased in 32 of the 36 vulnerable countries monitored (WFP 2008c).
In view of Monday's UN food security summit in Madrid, international humanitarian organisation Action Against Hunger (ACF) announces the publication of its latest report titled Feeding Hunger and Insecurity.
Despite a wide range of tools available to the United Nations in the areas of preventive diplomacy, peacemaking and peacebuilding, a new United Nations report calls for measures to boost the world body's capacity to prevent conflicts.
Citing a "considerable gap" between rhetoric surrounding prevention and the use of measures towards that end, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon states that "the overriding challenge for the international community remains the development of more effective …
"A 2020 Vision for Food, Agriculture, and the Environment" is an initiative of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) to develop a shared vision and consensus for action on how to meet future world food needs while reducing poverty and protecting the environment.
(Bamako, Mali: 14 February 2001) The International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) today called on all countries of Africa to join, implement and comply with the international treaty banning antipersonnel mines (the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty) at the opening of a two-day regional governmental meeting on landmines in Bamako, Mali.