Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Key developments in Africa on the week of June 10th include the prevailing tensions in CAR, the spread of ethnic violence in Ethiopia, the insurgencies in the Sudans, and the political disorder in Uganda and Zimbabwe.
This document provides an overview of developments in the Mediterranean Basin and other regions of interest from 19 March – 01 April 2013, with hyperlinks to source material highlighted and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to the region, please contact the members of the Med Basin Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
Inside this issue
In Focus 1
North Africa 2
Northeast Africa 4
Horn of Africa 5
African refugees do not need more pledges, but for governments to act on those already made.
BY ALLEHONE MULUGETA ABEBE
· Pasture and water shortages are occurring in regions of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia, as pastoral and cropping areas have experienced poor March to May rains, with continued poor rainfall and below-average harvests expected, according to USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET).