Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
By ISAAC KHISA The EastAfrican
The Association for Strengthening Research in Agriculture in Eastern and Central Africa (Asareca) has created an online portal through which scientists in member countries will share research on agriculture.
The $1.2 million project dubbed Regional Agricultural Information and Learning System is funded by the African Development Bank through the Forum for Agriculture Research in Africa, that works with national agricultural research institutions and other stakeholders at country level.
Tanzania is staring at a food crisis in the coming months as it emerges that tonnes of food are being smuggled out to drought-stricken countries in the region despite falling harvests.
Police estimate that more than 400 tonnes of maize are being trucked out of the country every day through Kilimanjaro region to Kenya, Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia.
By MATHIAS RINGA
Countries from the Great Lakes region and Horn of Africa are to harmonise their laws to fight the proliferation of small arms and light weapons.
"In order to address the problem effectively, we have resolved to harmonise our laws so that we can rein in the culprits.