Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
KAMPALA, Nov 04, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Egypt and Uganda are in new talks about the use of the River Nile water after previous negotiations with riparian countries failed to reach a compromise, a top Egyptian government official on a visit here said on Wednesday.
Mona Omar, the assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs for African Affairs, told reporters that a delegation of Egyptian experts were sent to Uganda about a week ago with new proposals for a compromise clause into the proposed Nile Water Basin Cooperative Framework agreement.
She did not however reveal what the …
KAMPALA, Jun 20, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) - Ugandan First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Refugees and Disaster Preparedness Moses Ali Monday said Uganda is hosting over 240,000 refugees, most of whom are from Sudan.
In an statement to mark this year's International Refugee Day which falls on Monday, Ali said other refugees are from Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Somalia, Ethiopia and Burundi.