Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
Conflict and adverse climatic conditions continue to drive humanitarian needs in the region
Acute sectoral needs continue to be reported in Ethiopia
Flood preparedness in full swing as El Niño expected to cause serious flooding in the region
Civilian death tolls and human rights violations on the rise in Burundi
Urgent access needed to prevent food crisis in Unity State, South Sudan
Regional humanitarian outlook
Following a recent promise made by Foreign Minister Dr. Tedros Adhanom on a visit to Bujumbura, Ethiopia has sent aid materials to support rehabilitation of flood victims in Burundi. The material included 50,000 corrugated iron sheets, 5,000 blankets and other household utensils, amounting to a value of 12 million Ethiopian Birr. The material is being transported in Ethiopian Air Force planes.
Heightened risk of epidemics due to overcrowding and poor hygiene in IDP and refugee populations.
Normal to near-normal March to May rainfall predicted for most parts of the region, but dry spells to continue in some areas.
Flooding deaths in Burundi could have been avoided.
More than 12,000 Somali returnees from Saudi Arabia are stranded in already stretched and insecure Mogadishu.