Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Karin Kneissl: "The goal is to alleviate the humanitarian emergency, to give the people prospects in their region"
Eastern Africa host to 8.52 million displaced people
As of October 2012, there were 8,515,310 people displaced in Burundi, (eastern) DRC, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. Of these, 2,041,675 are refugees and 6,473,635 are internally displaced persons (IDPs). Starting August 2012, the coverage of this report has been extended to include Sudan and South Sudan, which as of the end of September 2012 were host to an estimated 1,935,000 IDPs and 349,000 refugees.
This report covers the period 1 January 2012 to 30 June 2012.
By ISAAC KHISA The EastAfrican
The Association for Strengthening Research in Agriculture in Eastern and Central Africa (Asareca) has created an online portal through which scientists in member countries will share research on agriculture.
The $1.2 million project dubbed Regional Agricultural Information and Learning System is funded by the African Development Bank through the Forum for Agriculture Research in Africa, that works with national agricultural research institutions and other stakeholders at country level.
This report covers the period 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011.
In brief Examples of the CBF impact (more in annex):
Red Cross society of China, Hennan Province
After only two years of implementation of Intensified Capacity Building (ICB) in Hennan Province, the branch has recorded impressive achievements:
• The new structure benefitted 7,000 people through sustainable services
• Grassroots Red Cross organisations have increased from 90 to 3,100
• The number of volunteers increased from 10,000 to 30,000, and staff from 100 to 8,000
March to May constitutes an important rainfall season over the equatorial parts of the Greater Horn of Africa (GHA) region. The regional consensus climate outlook for the March to May 2012 rainfall season indicates increased likelihood of near normal to below normal rainfall over much of the Greater Horn of Africa (GHA) region. Increased likelihood of near normal to above normal rainfall is indicated over southwestern Tanzania, southwestern Ethiopia, South Sudan and southwestern Sudan.
CONFÉRENCE DE L'UNION
Dix-huitième session ordinaire
29 – 30 janvier 2012
Assembly/AU/Dec. 391 – 415 (XVIII)
Assembly/AU/Res. 1 (XVIII)
Assembly/AU/Decl. 1 - 3 (XVIII)