Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- Main features of Dutch policy on Africa
Regional overview - The 2004 Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) for some of GHA countries released. The start of the short-rains season is late in parts of East African countries
(Extracted from JRS Dispatches No. 142)
Regional overview -- Ongoing harvests improved food security in the northern GHA countries but conflict and chronic vulnerability persist
KAMPALA, 8 October (IRIN) - The UN's World Food Programme (WFP) says it is committing US $20 million to buy food for those who are most at risk from food insecurity in east and central Africa.
KAMPALA - The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme, James Morris, appealed today for peace and stability in East and Central Africa to prevent the terrible loss of life and human suffering in the region.
Regional overview - short-term food security improving but drought and conflict intensify chronic vulnerability
Source: Regional Agricultural Trade Intelligence
For more information please see www.ratin.net
Source: FEWS NET
Ethiopia: Food aid pledges are satisfactory but food insecurity remains severe
Food aid pledges have reached 100 percent and 94 percent of the required cereals and supplementary blended food, respectively. By July 2003, all 1.4 million metric tons (MMT) of cereals and 128,000 metric tons (MT) of supplementary blended food were committed. However, only 60 percent of the pledges have been delivered and distributed. Distributions of cereals could halt in a few months to come if pledges are not translated to deliveries and distributions.
Original Sources: USGS/Gros Data Centre and Drought Monitoring Centre-Nairobi
BUJUMBURA, 10 April (IRIN) - An African Union (AU) peacekeeping force will be deployed in Burundi before 1 May, Maj-Gen Sipho Binda, the South African commander of the African Mission in Burundi (AMIB), told IRIN on Wednesday.
BUJUMBURA, 10 avril (IRIN) - La force de maintien de la paix de l'Union africaine (UA) sera déployée au Burundi avant le 1er mai, a annoncé mercredi à IRIN le général Sipho Binda, commandant sud-africain de la Mission africaine au Burundi (MAB).
Ron Redmond - Media Relations
Appeal Target: US$ 662,061
Geneva, 30 January 2003