Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
La chenille légionnaire d’automne (Spodoptera frugiperda) est un insecte ravageur qui attaque plus de 80 espèces de plantes, causant des dégâts à des céréales d’importance économique telles que le maïs, le riz et le sorgho, mais aussi aux cultures maraîchères et au coton.
Vienna, Austria, March 18, 2014. Meeting in its 146th Session, the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved financing of nearly US$264 million to boost socio-economic development in over 30 partner countries. Of the new commitments, over US$193m will support 10 public sector loans and nine grants. The bulk of the public sector funding will co-finance agriculture, transportation, education, energy, health and water supply and sanitation projects.
This report covers the period 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011.
In brief Examples of the CBF impact (more in annex):
Red Cross society of China, Hennan Province
After only two years of implementation of Intensified Capacity Building (ICB) in Hennan Province, the branch has recorded impressive achievements:
• The new structure benefitted 7,000 people through sustainable services
• Grassroots Red Cross organisations have increased from 90 to 3,100
• The number of volunteers increased from 10,000 to 30,000, and staff from 100 to 8,000
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.