Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
NEW YORK, USA, 12 May 2009 - UNICEF is one of a wide range of development partners in the UN, academic, non-governmental and private sectors that today called on the world's governments to invest more in life-saving vitamins and minerals to prevent illness, blindness and mental disorders that result from vitamin deficiencies.
Released at the start of the 2009 Micronutrient Forum in Beijing, the partners' report emphasizes the need for improved delivery of fortified food and supplements.
On 30 April, International Development Minister Mike Foster launched DFID's 5th Meeting our Promises update, sharing our 2008 achievements in water and sanitation. The External Water Forum - Water & Sanitation in a Changing Climate - took place at the Institute of Physics in London.
Neutral and independent humanitarian action
Deuxième partie de la reprise de session
56e séance – matin
Plusieurs délégations s’interrogent sur les problèmes de coordination et d’unité de commandement que pourrait poser la création d’un département d’appui aux missions
Sixty-first General Assembly
56th Meeting (AM)
The Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary) this morning took up the Secretary-General’s wide-ranging proposals aimed at strengthening the capacity of the United Nations to mount and sustain peacekeeping operations in the face of their growing volume and complexity.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
This Global Appeal is published to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and other persons of concern falling within UNHCR's mandate.