Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
International development agency Christian Aid has launched an emergency appeal to support the millions of people going hungry across Africain the face of escalating food prices.
In its scale and reach, this is a crisis of proportions unmatched for decades. Most African countries are not self-sufficient in food and are now being hit by massive price hikes so that once cheap imports are unaffordable.
Flooding across Africa in August and September washed away homes, crops and livestock, leaving hundreds of thousands in urgent need of food and shelter.
Thanks to the generous support of Christian Aid's supporters we raised £153,000/€210,000.
Torrential rains have caused flooding across large swathes of Africa, leaving 40 dead and thousands homeless.
The flooding has affected more than 10 countries in east and west Africa, including Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Togo and Liberia.
The floods have washed away homes, crops and livestock, leaving many people in urgent need of shelter and food. There are fears of outbreaks of cholera in some of the worst affected regions.
Much of the devastation in west Africa has been concentrated in the north of Ghana.